Wholesaler / Distribution Account Manager – West & Central UK
Beavertown is looking for a Distributor Account Manager to join the team!
As the Distribution Account Manager, you will be responsible for Beavertown’s Distributor relationships across West and Central UK. The successful candidate will not only manage the relationships with our distributors across their territory, but also identify and deliver new business for Beavertown.
The role requires a balance of building a strategic plan for each individual distributor partner on how we access more consumers, ensure that our brands are available and visible to pubs and bars, combined with an execution plan on making it happen. This plan has to be bespoke to each distributor and will require the DAM completely understanding all of the distributor partners in depth.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as the primary contact between Beavertown Brewery and our West & Central UK domestic distributors, while ensuring a high standard of customer service at all times
- Proactively partner with distributors and customers to sell entire Beavertown portfolio across territory
- Achieve quarterly volume and distribution goals with high level of performance
- Maintain clear, timely communication; ability to construct comprehensive recaps
- Establish, maintain and develop relationships with your customer base
- Schedule and attend meetings with key contacts
- Track and report distributor buying trends to Sales and Production management
- Maintain personal budgets outlined to you
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting and data entry into Sales-i
- Represent Beavertown Brewery at promotions, tastings and special events
- Conduct distributor/staff educations
- Ability to work nights/weekends as needed
- Seek out beer related educational opportunities and keep up to date by reading industry publications
- Up to date understanding of tax legislation and compliance procedures
- Other duties as intermittently assigned by your manager
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE
- Strong negotiation principles & technique to ensure the right commercial outcome is achieved.
- Previous Account/Distributor/wholesaler Management experience – preferable.
- Proven track record in building strong customer relationships.
- Ability to take the initiative to gather and use customer feedback to identify customer and market needs and challenges.
- Proven analytical skills and an understanding of syndicated data is required.
- Strong capability to influence others to focus on our brands ahead of others.
- High level of strategic awareness to work out what is required to succeed across a wide & varied distributor base.
- Demonstrated diligence and ability to follow through on all commitments (internal and external stakeholders).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and must be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation.
- Demonstrated technical skills required for the preparation of professional and effective sales presentations.
- Strong personal drive & focus on results.
- Ability to travel most of the time, as the role is field-based and we would expect the person to be in the market at least 80% of the time.
If you’re interested, please send your CV, salary expectations, notice period and a little bit about why you think you’re suitable for the role to: email@example.com