Supply Chain Specialist
The Supply Chain Specialist is a newly created role reporting into our Production Planning Manager, to ensure the smooth operations of Beavertown’s multiple production sites, streamlining the production of our beer in a manner that achieves optimal costs and level of service.
As the Supply Chain Specialist, a large part of your role will be developing decision-making tools in order to drive these two key aspects. This will involve inputs from across the business so that the team can continuously improve material management processes upstream and downstream in the supply chain.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assembling and cleaning data, analysing performance, identifying problems, and developing recommendations in order to support SCM planning and operations.
- Analysing the movement of goods through the supply pipeline, monitoring current processes, identifying and analysing gaps, with a view to develop process improvements.
- Developing performance reports and distributing them to relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinating the efficient movement of materials from supplier through production and to customer, maintaining full traceability throughout.
- Assisting where needed on migration of data and on development of tools within the company’s ERP system.
- Monitoring production and raw material costs.
- Collecting, assessing, and cleaning data collected throughout the brewing and packaging process to evaluate KPIs.
- Supporting the execution of supply chain planning initiatives to achieve departmental targets.
- Providing analytical support for projects, new business opportunities, and proposals on an ad hoc basis.
- Increasing your understanding of the art and science of brewing through study and investigation.
- Demonstrating the ‘Beavertown Way’ to visitors and clients through safety, cleanliness, enthusiasm and hospitality!
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- University degree in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, Finance or related fields.
- A relevant post graduate qualification in Supply Chain is desirable, but not essential.
- 2+ years’ experience working in a supply chain or operations role, preferably in FMCG.
- Proven track record of target focused delivery in a fast-paced operational environment.
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP would be a plus).
- Advanced understanding of Excel. Data visualization (Power BI) and querying (SQL) are a plus, but not required.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Ability to deal with complexity and change.
- Contagious enthusiasm for continuous improvement.
- Team player.
If you’re interested, please send your CV, salary expectations, notice period and a little bit about why you think you’re suitable for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org