Senior Brewer – Beavertown Brewery, London
This is an exciting opportunity to join Beavertown, as we’re going through a period of growth and are looking for new additions to join Team Beaver to help us along the way!
This role will report into our Brewing Manager. We are looking for someone to ensure our beer is produced to the highest quality at all times and will cover a wide range of tasks from brewing and cellaring, fermentation and conditioning in line with quality control and production targets.
The Senior Brewer will join our Production team and will often act as the main point of contact on the brewery floor. You will supervise the day to day operation of the brewery team and assist with maintaining high standards of cleanliness throughout the brewery at all times.
You will act as an ambassador for Beavertown and be confident working with minimal supervison and be able to quickly solve problems and think on your feet. The role will involve managing and coordinating on-going training and support with brewery team members.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the smooth running of brewing and cellaring
- Arrange for all raw materials and supplies to be readily available to facilitate work
- Plan dry hops, beer transfers, centrifuge and beer conditioning
- Monitor fermentation, take gravities and adjust temperature to ensure fermentation profiles are adhered to
- Handle the correct use, storage and stock management of raw materials
- Perform yeast counts and cropping
- Operate the Centrifuge
- Maintain accurate records and written procedures
- Ensure processes are safe and functional
- Ensure beer is in specification for packaging dates
- Manage and coordinate on-going training and support for brewery team members
- Assist the Brewing Manager in ad-hoc projects where required
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE
- We are looking for someone who has a minimum of 4 years’ brewing experience
- IBD Diploma in Brewing, Brewing MSc, Food Science or Chemical Engineering degree or equivalent (desirable)
- A thorough understanding of the brewing process, equipment and techniques
- Strong time management skills with the ability to plan ahead and manage multiple tasks with little supervision
- Confident supervising a team and questioning the way things are done
- Ability to quickly solve problems and think on your feet
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Positive and committed attitude, with a flexible approach to work hours
- Demonstrate a passion for our brand!
If you’re interested, send your CV, salary expectations, notice period and a little bit about why you think you’re suitable for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org