This role will be reporting into the Lead Brewer. The aim of this role is to ensure our beer is produced to the highest quality and will cover a wide range of tasks from brewing and cellaring and laboratory work. Whilst maintaining high standards of cleanliness throughout the brewery at all times.
The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of the brewing process, equipment and techniques. Act as the main point of contact and supervise the day to day operation of the brewery team and assist with the production of wort, fermentation and conditioning in line with quality control and production targets.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the smooth running of brewing and cellaring.
- Arrange for all raw materials and supplies to be readily available to facilitate work.
- Plan dry hops, beer transfers, centrifuge and beer conditioning.
- Monitor fermentation, take gravities and adjust temperature to ensure fermentation profiles are adhered to.
- Handle the correct use, storage and stock management of raw materials.
- Perform yeast counts and cropping.
- Operate the Centrifuge.
- Maintain accurate records and written procedures.
- Ensure processes are safe and functional.
- Ensure beer is in specification for packaging dates.
- Manage and coordinate on-going training and support for brewery team members.
- Assist the Lead Brewer in projects where needed.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the beer industry.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to plan ahead and manage multiple tasks with little supervision.
- Confident supervising a team and questioning the way things are done.
- Ability to quickly solve problems and think on your feet.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Positive and committed attitude, with a flexible approach.
- IBD Diploma in Brewing, Brewing MSc, Food Science or Chemical Engineering degree or equivalent.
Please send your CV to Recruitment@beavertownbrewery.co.uk