Senior Brewer – Tempus
We are looking for a Senior Brewer to join our Tempus Project!
Reporting into our Lead Brewer, the Senior Brewer – Tempus will manage the entirety of the Tempus Project, including overseeing of all Brewing, Packaging, Barrel Work, Raw Materials Acquisition, and Recipe Creation, in line with quality control and production targets.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all daily cellaring and brewhouse duties including supervising Junior / Production Brewers, creating recipes for Tempus Project beers, organising the production plan and rota to meet targets and raw material acquisition. You will ensure SOPs are up to date, package beers to keg and bottle and ensure stock accuracy and timeliness.
As the Senior Brewer – Tempus, you will have strong troubleshooting abilities, time management skills and take the lead on supervising, guiding and teaching junior members of the team.
We are looking for someone who has a flexible approach to work, as you will be required to work on a shift system basis, including weekends.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management of the Tempus Project, including:
- All daily cellaring and brewhouse duties (detailed below)
- Supervising Tempus Junior Brewer, and Production/Junior Brewer on rotation;
- Creation of Recipes for Tempus Project Beers;
- Organisation of Release Plan for Sales Team, incorporating plan for emptying barrels, packaging, brewing and re-filling barrels;
- Organisation of Production Plan and Rota in order to meet agreed production plan and yearly targets;
- Management of the Barrel Log;
- Raw Materials Acquisition;
- Barrel Management including Sampling, Filling, Emptying and Cleaning;
- Procedural development and optimisation;
- Ensuring SOPs are up to date and being followed by all employees;
- Verifying that beer fermentation and conditioning proceeds as expected;
- Verifying that beers are in spec for packaging;
- Packaging Beers to Keg and Bottle;
- Propagating Yeast/Bacteria in keeping with hygiene standards;
- Ensuring cleaning is performed to schedule;
- Ensure Stock Take Accuracy and on Time;
Responsibilities as operating brewer:
- Carrying out daily brewhouse duties, including:
- All aspects of wort production
- Malt preparation
- Brewhouse CIPs
- Entering all necessary data into Brewman, Tanknet and other relevant programmes
- Ensuring brew assistants are carrying out their tasks
- Performing yeast counts and cropping
- Ensuring correct use, storage and stock level management of relevant raw materials (malt, hops, dry yeast, salts etc)
- Carrying out daily Cellaring duties, including:
- Measuring tank CO2s/DOs – Carbonating beers as required
- Ensuring beer is in spec for packaging dates
- Yeasting /hopping off vessels as required
- Carrying out Yeast counts and viabilities to ensure we have yeast availability for pitching
- Yeast management and propagation
- Carrying out Vessel cleans (CIPs)
- Transferring beers
- Monitoring fermentation, taking gravities and adjusting temperatures to ensure Fermentation profiles are adhered to
- Barrel filling, emptying, sampling, and cleaning
- Barrel Stacking, Un-stacking, and Barrel Store organisation
- To partake in any developmental training as required in compliance with the company standard
- Responsible for promoting a professional image of the Company and for complying with the company’s Equal Opportunities and Harassment Policies at all times, including work related events which take place outside normal working hours.
- Read and comply with company rules, procedures, agreements and any notices displayed by the Company.
- To operate in line with BRC and ISO 9000 Quality systems with specific reference to quality, complaints and non-conformances.
- Comply with all relevant Health, Safety and Security Regulations.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE
- IBD General Certificate in Brewing (desirable)
- Minimum requirement of 3 years brewing experience
- Strong interest in beer, barrel ageing and mixed fermentation as a whole
- Used to working flexibly to achieve business goals and keen to make improvements
- Positive and committed attitude, confident working with little supervision
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the brewing process, equipment and techniques – particularly on a very manual brew kit
- Demonstrate a passion for the industry and our brand!
If you’re interested, please send your CV, salary expectations, notice period and a little bit about why you think you’re suitable for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org