Reporting into our Head of Brewery Ops and Expansion, as the Quality Manager you’ll manage all activities in the Quality and Sensory Department to ensure that our product and process quality standards are achieved. You’ll be responsible for the team management of the Department, ensuring that the team have all the required resources to perform their tasks.
As the Quality Manager you’ll encourage good lab practices and guarantee they are always followed. A key part of this role will involve identifying and supporting with team training, helping your team to be the best they can be!
You’ll be responsible for ensuring all Quality data is recorded and analysed effectively and define and implement the annual sampling plan to guarantee its execution is fulfilled. You’ll provide accurate data to the relevant Production Departments and analyse trends and act efficiently according to the results implement required data bases for an accurate data analysis.
You’ll manage the tendering and use of equipment, including maintenance needs, training and calibration and be responsible for making sure that Lab stock and resources are readily available.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage Quality and Sensory teams on a day-to-day basis, ensuring that they have all the required resources to perform their tasks.
- Support the Head of Brewery Ops & Expansion in all relevant subjects related to the Department and overall quality/production strategy.
- Set daily priorities for efficient individual performance.
- Train individuals or provide required training for each role.
- Run regular team appraisals.
- Ensure that every new starter complies with the full induction plan.
- Plan and coordinate short term projects within the team.
- Responsible for the implementation of Health & Safety requirements.
- Implement lab practices and guarantee they are followed.
- Approve and optimise documents and processes.
- Support multidisciplinary teams in root cause analysis and implement action lists accordingly.
- Ensure that all data is recorded and analysed efficiently, guaranteeing a high level of service.
- Define and implement the annual sampling plan, guaranteeing its execution is fulfilled.
- Provide accurate data to the relevant Production Departments.
- Analyse trends and act efficiently according to the results.
- Develop and implement required data bases for an accurate data analysis.
- Manage the tendering and use of equipment, including maintenance needs, training and calibration.
- Manage the calibration plan across production for all Quality Department owned instrumentation.
- Accountable for Lab stock and resources.
- Work with suppliers, managing closely the relationship between them and the Company.
- Invoices revision and approval, when delegated by the Head of Brewery Ops & Expansion.
- Quality Department budget for all production sites including contract brewing quality control. Lab Inventory
- Quality Department Stock Reports
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Quality Management role.
- Master’s degree in Brewing Science, Biology, Chemistry or another relevant field; or relevant area experience.
- Proven leadership and management skills with at least 3-years’ experience in a management or supervisory position.
- Knowledge of Lab and QA&QC systems (LIMS), MS365.
- Reporting – advance data base management.
- GMP, HACCP, ISO, BPI, Salsa Accreditation implementation experience.
- Evidence of effective communication within and between teams.
- Able to manage time efficiently.
- Assertiveness – confident to challenge the way things are done.
- GC-MS Experience, Advance Beer and Hops Analysis.
- NPD (New Product Development) or EPD (Existing Product Development) project management experience.
- Demonstrate a passion for the industry and Beavertown brand!