This is an exciting opportunity to join Beavertown, as we’re going through a period of growth and are looking for new additions to join Team Beaver to help us along the way!
The Production Brewer will report into the Brewing Manager. This role will involve working within the brewing and cellaring team to ensure the production of wort, its fermentation and conditioning is in line with quality control and production targets. Whilst maintaining high standards of cleanliness throughout the brewery at all times.
The Production Brewer will have a thorough understanding of the brewing process, equipment and techniques. They will be responsible for ensuring all the equipment is maintained and in full working order.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out daily brewhouse and cellaring duties
- Arrange for all raw materials and supplies to be readily available to facilitate work
- Plan dry hops, beer transfers, centrifuge and beer conditioning
- Monitor fermentation, take gravities and adjust temperature to ensure fermentation profiles are adhered to
- Ensure beer is in specification for packaging dates
- Perform yeast counts and cropping
- Carry out Vessel Cleans
- Operate the HopNik
- Operate the Centrifuge
- Measuring tank CO2s/DOs
- Maintain accurate records and enter all relevant data into Brewman and Tanknet
- Assist the Brewing Manager in ad-hoc project work when needed
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE
- Minimum of 2 years’ brewing experience
- IBD General Certificate in Brewing, Brewing MSc, Food Science or Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- Proven knowledge of the brewing process and beer styles
- Ability to work independently and within a team to achieve business goals
- A logical and creative approach to ensure excellent delivery of our all our beers
- Ability to focus on accuracy and attention to detail; always keen to make improvements
- Strong record keeping abilities
- Demonstrate a passion for our brand!
If you’re interested, send your CV, salary expectations, notice period and a little bit about why you’re suitable for the role to: email@example.com