Production Brewer – Tempus
We are looking for a Production Brewer to join our Tempus Project!
Reporting into our Lead Brewer, this role will carry out all Brewing and Cellaring, barrel work and packaging duties.
As a member of our Brewing team, The Production Brewer – Tempus will ensure all beer is produced to the highest possible standard. You will be responsible for maintaining high standards of cleanliness throughout Tempus at all times.
The successful individual will be responsible for taking the lead in the Senior Brewer’s absence of running brews and day-to-day cellaring, assisting in recipe creations, barrel management and inspection and performing a Tempus monthly stocktake. This is an exciting opportunity!
We are looking for someone who has a flexible approach to work, as you will be required to work on a shift system basis, including weekends.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Running Brews on the original 5BBL brewkit, including preparing the malt, mashing in, gravity and pH samples during the brew, preparing the hops, digging out mash tun, and copper, and clean down.
- Taking the lead in Tempus, when the Tempus Lead is absent. This will involve keeping to the planned schedule, being confident to make adjustments with little supervision, running brews with an assistant and updating the Tempus lead on their return.
- Assisting in recipe creation for Tempus, Beavertown Says, Collabs, and Special edition beers.
- Conducting the pre and post-brew procedures including updating BrewMan, TankNet, and Fermentation logs.
- Performing the day-to-day cellaring, including gravity checks, pH, CIPs, carbonation checks, transfers, dry hopping, fruit additions, yeasting off etc.
- Barrel inspection, cleaning, treatment, filling, blending, and emptying.
- Performing Barrel checks including gravity, pH, titratable acidity, making notes in the barrel log for future decisions.
- Barrel management, including updating of the barrel log, barrel stacking and unstacking.
- Maintaining daily hygiene standards.
- Conducting lab work including running limit of attenuation tests, carbonation checks using the Corning, and running experiments for research and development.
- Propagation of yeast and bacteria strains for fermentation and barrel ageing.
- Ensuring that the quality of the product leaving Beavertown Brewery is excellent at all times.
- Packaging both key keg and bottles, including setting up, purging kegs, CIP of the packaging equipment, kegging, bottling, and cleaning down.
- Updating data on BrewMan Sales, BrewMan Production, updating the barrel log, and making the necessary movements on TankNet.
- Performing the monthly stocktake along with the Tempus Lead.
- Assisting the Senior Brewer with Project work when needed.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE
- At least 6 months of experience working in a Brewery
- IBD General Certificate in Brewing or Packaging – desirable
- Ability to work well in a team, in a fast-paced Production environment
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Capable of physical work, including lifting at least 25kg loads.
- Willing to work antisocial hours
- Positive and committed attitude
- Strong record keeping abilities
- Demonstrate a passion for the industry and Beavertown brand!
If you’re interested, please send your CV, salary expectations, notice period and a little bit about why you think you’re suitable for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org