Product Innovation Manager
Beavertown is looking for an experienced individual to join the team as a Product Innovation Manager.
This role sets the agenda for new product launches, seasonal’s and limited runs. Working with the wider business and Marketing team to deliver best in class product launches. These launches are built on clear insight and market needs.
This role speciﬁcally manages our New Product Development Process and new products.
You love beer, drinks and you love new products. You love markets and understand the dynamics. You can spot a trend before it is one. You know how to take insights and trend analysis and turn that into a new product. And at all times you are up to date and on track with what competitors are doing in both the UK and Export markets.
All in all, you are a positive and a people person, who leans into every challenge, every product development, everyday. You inspire, deliver and collaborate. You’ll be a positive force, who will put skin in the game and want to produce the best possible work. You’ll be excited about what is possible and want to get hands on. If there is a problem or a shortfall, you are on it.
We have taken some huge strides since the opening of Beavertown and are committed to attracting, developing and retaining people who are the best in their ﬁeld and who believe passionately in our beer, brand and everything we stand for.
People who strive and succeed here at Beavertown love to take responsibility for their decisions. Our people are empowered to challenge and push the boundaries to get the best results…. everyone’s opinions are valued. We positively celebrate diversity and we treat each other, and everyone we come into contact with at work, with honesty and respect.
At Beavertown we believe that what makes us diﬀerent and special to work for is our fun, friendly and informal atmosphere.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with the Marketing Director and wider business, you will be responsible for executing on our product strategy and approach.
- This role speciﬁcally manages our New Product Development Process.
- Customer insight – you will manage qualitative and quantitative inputs which educates our decisions over the creation, development and launch of Products. Ultimately you understand what people think about products and why they choose to buy/drink what they do.
- Market insights and trends – to deliver new products. This includes using multiple sources to understand market dynamics, product strategies, new product launches, marketing executions and competitor activity. You will also be responsible for knowing the impact of market trends such as the growth of 0%. Ultimately you are on the front foot with market insight.
- Cultural insights – an awareness of wider cultural insights that could impact the business or give an opportunity for growth.
- New Product Development and Planning – you devise, create and manage new products as part of the NPD process. You cook up new one-oﬀs, test and learns, our products of tomorrow. You plan for the future looking at what we need and when we need it. Where are the future gaps that we need to ﬁll now, for future growth. You manage your products closely, and no one knows more than you about them.
- Product management and performance – awareness of how our products are performing and any gaps we have in our portfolio. You work closely with internal and external teams, delivering our products in On/Oﬀ trade, making sure they both meet target and deliver the Brand.
- Product, Price, Place, Promotion – you have a clear point of view on these and how the Marketing strategy will be delivered across the 4 P’s. You have a keen understanding of market dynamics, and in-particular Pricing.
- Go to market plan – work with the full Marketing and Sales teams to communicate what’s happening when. You make sure that everyone is on point and doing what they need to make sure we have best in class product launches. You look beyond our market for inﬂuences and ideas and use these insights to set new approaches.
- Cross company collaborations – works across the whole company to maximise and make the product reach their full potential.
- Work with Senior Leadership team – to drive the strategy behind product development, planning and launches.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE
- Beer, Wine, Spirits, Product management experience essential.
- You have experience in running a successful New Product Development process.
- You have experience of launching new, successful products to market.
- Experience in running/commissioning/interpreting qualitative and quantitative Research.
- Clear Project management skills, managing various stakeholder from product inception, to post launch evaluation.
- Experience in managing a product roadmap, delivering products to market, on time, on budget and against consumer and market needs.
- Clear Pricing responsibility and experience in managing and measuring products and markets.
- Understanding of Product and how it plays in both On/Oﬀ Trade.
- Understanding of pipeline and stock management desirable.
- Leadership skills you have managed teams and individuals previously. You have the ability to set goals and focuses for the team. With the team you will deliver on time, on budget and on brand.
- Experience of working within a similar role.
- Your approach is always being bang on culture. You are calm in a crisis. Positive on a Monday, and ﬁt with our special Beavertown approach.
If you’re interested, please send your CV, salary expectations, notice period and a little bit about why you think you’re suitable for the role to: email@example.com