We are looking for a Packaging Supervisor! You will ensure all beer leaving our brewery is packaged to the highest standard to create a first-class Beavertown experience!
This role involves making sure beer is packaged to specification, performing quality checks, setup of filling machines, packaging lines and vessels for CIP. You will be responsible for ordering and packaging stock items, tracking and reporting on departmental KPIs and creating and updating SOPs and OPLs.
We are looking for someone with a flair for developing and improving processes, creating team rotas and who has a passion for driving team performance!
This is a rewarding role and will require you to be on your feet and mobile at all times.
Please note this role will have no involvement in brewing our beers.
Duties & responsibilities
- Ensuring beer is packaged to specification.
- Performing quality checks such as seam integrity and total pack oxygen.
- Setup of filling machines, packaging lines and vessels for CIP.
- Ensuring the department follows SALSA standards and maintaining 5S on the production floor.
- Moving pallets, packaging and product with a forklift/pallet truck.
- Tracking and ordering packaging stock items.
- Track and report on departmental KPIs.
- Ensuring a high standard of hygiene is maintained on the production floor
- Contributing to Beavertown events and festivals and representing the brewery in public (optional).
- Creating and updating SOPs and OPLs.
- Developing and improving processes to improve departmental performance.
- Developing and improving SLAs with other departments within the company.
- Creating team rotas and tracking absence.
- Carrying out performance appraisals alongside other departmental managers.
Skills and experience required:
- Experience in a packaging or brewery environment is essential
- High standard or verbal and written English
- Competent with Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Capable of physical work
- Strong record keeping abilities
- Good time management
- Positive and committed attitude
- Willing to work on a shift rota
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Machine operation and maintenance experience
- A strong understanding of the CIP processes.
If you’re interested, send your CV, salary expectations, notice period and a little bit about why you think you’re the best person for the role to:- firstname.lastname@example.org