The Head Brewer is responsible for all aspects of the Production process across our multiple sites at our Tottenham Hale Brewery, Tottenham Hotspur Football Club and Contract Brewing sites.
Reporting into the Head of Brewery Operations and Expansion, this is a high level strategic role.
We are looking for someone with a high level of Brewing experience. The successful candidate will develop, oversee and manage all elements of the Brewing process. From optimising and creating the highest quality beer, securing the highest quality of raw materials to defining technological aspects of the brewing process on available equipment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement all EHS and Compliance driven Policies and Procedures into Brewing Operations.
- Ensure employees are working in a safe environment. Manage the hygiene on the Production line and ensure Food Safety standards are adequately maintained.
- Ensure the quality and consistency of our beers always exceeds our customers’ expectations, and troubleshoot and remedy problems should they arise.
- Oversee recipe development and strategize for continuous improvement on all of our beers.
- Define Brewing Department objectives and align objectives with the Department budget. Equipment purchasing decisions, staffing and sourcing of raw materials must be managed in line with the Production budget.
- Document all relevant data and ensure the necessary information is shared and communicated to the relevant stakeholders. Ensure accurate records are kept and written procedures are followed.
- Production and brewery management across all sites – organise activities in line with the Production schedule to meet Production targets.
- Manage the Brewing Department, support the Brewing Manager and team of Senior Brewers.
- Train and support with the ongoing development of the Production team. Set clear goals and manage performance to agreed outcome.
- Present Brewing Department performance through agreed KPI’s (BH Efficiency, Cellar Efficiency, Process time, Plan accuracy, Equipment Utilisation, Ext and Beer Losses, Productivity).
- Work closely with the Tempus Project and THFC Microbrewery Senior Brewers to manage and direct it’s unique programmes.
- Coordinate all Contract Brewing Operations.
- Lead all Brewing projects – Technical and technological, including the new Brewery.
- At all times ensure we are compliant with all SALSA requirements relating to the brewing process.
- Increase Production and manage growth, from current size of brewing across all Production sites.
- Work alongside the Head of Brewery Operations & Expansion to implement a strategy for Beavertown beers for the next 5 years.
- Define the strategy for the Quality Department.
- Assist Head of Brewery Operations & Expansion in ad hoc pieces of work.
- Represent Beavertown at beer festivals and industry events.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE:
- Educated to Degree level in Brewing & Distilling MSC, Food Science or Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the beer industry.
- Demonstrated ability of managing a fully Automated Brewing System.
- Advanced knowledge of either PROLITE BrewMaxx, Simens BRAUMAT or Krones Botec F1 systems.
- Strong knowledge of the Brewing process and beer styles.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to plan ahead and manage multiple tasks.
- Confident supervising a Production team and challenging the way things are done.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage workload on a priority basis.
- Strong IT skills: Advanced Excel skills, advanced user of ERP systems, (SAP, Microsoft Dynamics, or simillar)
- Excellent project management skills.
- Demonstrate a passion for our brand!
If you’re interested, send your CV, salary expectations, notice period and a little bit about why you’re suitable for the role to: email@example.com