Reporting into the Lab Manager, this role will form part of the cross-functional Quality team to ensure all beer is produced to the highest standard through microbiological and Phys-Chem analysis.
We’re looking for someone with an understanding of Lab practice, with the ability to deal with multiple support activities and requests and follow and implement a sampling plan. You will also look after the maintenance of QC data, Lab equipment and SOP documentation.
As our Junior Lab Technician you’ll help maintain quality standards within the Lab, keep accurate Lab records, ensure written procedures are followed and be involved in the cleaning and decontamination of the lab.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collection and management of samples according to the sampling plan
- Data analysis according to daily plan
- Ensuring accurate records are kept and written procedures are followed
- Preparation of stock solutions and media/inoculating and incubating samples
- Developing new technical approaches and troubleshooting. Maintenance of QC data, equipment, and SOP documentation
- Simultaneously dealing with multiple support activities and requests
- Become a cross-functional QC laboratory team member (analytics, sensory and packaging quality)
- Cleaning and decontamination of the laboratory
- Helping as required to maintain all quality standards within the laboratory
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE
- Minimum of 1 years’ Lab experience
- Educated to degree level in Microbiology, Biology or equivalent – desirable
- Incredible attention to detail
- Keen to make improvements
- Ability to use own initiative and troubleshoot problems
- A proven understanding of working in the food and beverages industry