Job title: Finance Assistant
Reporting into: Financial Controller
This is a key role in the day to day financial operations of Beavertown Brewery. Responsible for central procedures, attention to detail and accuracy are key elements in this role.
What are your responsibilities?
- Daily Bank postings: Posting of customer bank payments (GBP)
- Weekly/Month End Bank Reconciliations (GBP)
- Accounts Receivable/Credit Control:
- Contact overdue accounts via email, telephone and letter.
- Key customer invoicing and debit queries (Waitrose & Sainsburys)
- Cloaked Sales
- Bi-weekly customer statements
- Daily Hold List/Daily Sales – ensure all accounts are taken on/off hold on daily basis
- Address/resolve any invoice/payment queries
- Process and post Credit Card payments
- Manage customer and external supplier queries via phone & email.
- Key contact with external debt collection agency re bad debt
- Stock Taking: Assist with the weekly and month end stock take procedure
- EC Sales
- Beer Duty
- VAT – Sales Ledger
- Assist with various Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Generate invoices to recognise Webshop and Taproom Revenue
- Liaising with external stakeholders
- Ad-Hoc duties as required
Skills and experience required for this role
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Committed team player
- Microsoft Excel skills
- Desire to progress in a finance role (Wishing to study towards a professional qualification)