External Comms & PR Manager
Team Beaver are looking for an External Comms & PR Manager!
Reporting into Sam, this role will work closely with our Brand & Comms Manager to create and deliver all external comms and our PR strategy!
You will be a social media whiz and monitor all social media platforms to shape the online presence and reputation of Beavertown, listening and responding to users while maintaining Beavertown’s online presence.
We are looking for someone to take ownership of the creation of our marketing projects, social media campaigns and develop Beavertown’s social media community to create meaningful online content to reach a varied customer base.
As the External Comms & PR Manager you will develop PR campaigns to include a variety of content for product launches.
What are your responsibilities?
- Work with line manager to create External Comms & PR strategy for Beavertown.
- As a key member of the Sales & Marketing team, this person will need to fully understand Beavertown’s end to end commercial strategy and ensure this is always reflected in every aspect of our external Comms & PR execution.
- Work with Creative Director and Brand & Communications Manager to lead on, create, curate and manage all published content (images, video and written)
- Planning Marketing projects, using relevant research & trend analysis to develop tailored content to reach a varied customer base.
- Monitor all Social Media platforms day to day and shape the online presence and reputation of Beavertown, including, but not limited to, listening and responding to users in a social and timely way, while maintaining Beavertown’s personality.
- Develop and expand community and/or blogger outreach efforts and create meaningful online editorial partnerships
- Build media relationships across all areas of press to enable greater access to media coverage
- Work with the Brand & Communications Manager to develop PR campaigns that include high production level video, suitable for high profile product launches and partnerships.
- Design, create and manage promotions and Social Media campaigns
- Project Manage a variety of internal projects including but not limited to, further development and design of the website and Beavertown apps, UX testing and monitoring, SEO & Analytics.
- Take full ownership overseeing the creation and updates of all content on our website.
- Keep abreast of, and evaluate emerging technologies and make recommendations on how we can best integrate them into our current systems. Working continuously to improve our online communication offering.
- A commitment to keep up to date with beer industry journalism.
- Compile monthly report for management showing results across social media and the website using appropriate analytics, drawing information from Webshop sales and external factors where appropriate.
Skills and experience required for this role
- Display in depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms, their corresponding participants (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.) and how each platform can be utilised in different situations
- Previous experience within External Comms, Social Media & PR essential
- Display a working knowledge of WordPress – our current CMS system
- Adept at video and image content creation using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere
- Good audio editing skills
- Display ability to creatively communicate information and ideas in written, audio and video format
- Ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are sound
- Ability to use insights and statistics where available to consistently improve the effectiveness of our PR campaigns and communications.
- Possess team player attitude, but is also able to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary (content development/creation and editing of content)
- Display good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
- Good understanding and passion for the craft brewing industry
- Strong judgment and maturity
- Excellent written communication skills.
If you’re interested, send your CV, salary expectations, notice period and a little bit about why you think you’re suitable for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org