Distributor Account Manager
Reporting into our UK & Ireland Market Manager, we’re looking for someone to manage the relationships with our distributors and identify how Beavertown is able to access more consumers across this territory.
You’ll be an excellent communicator and be involved in building a strategic plan for each distributor partner on how we can access more consumers, as well as delivering an execution plan to bring it to life!
The successful individual will ensure the brand execution in the market is in line with our brand values, ensure we’re recognised as the preferred customer partner within the craft category and implement out of home activation principles through our distributor network.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Grow our distribution through our distributor partners
- Create distributor mechanics on how we help them sell Beavertown beers
- Ensure on an ongoing basis the brand execution in the market is in line with brand values and imperatives
- Be recognised as our preferred customer partner within the craft category
- Achieve monthly and annual off trade targets e.g. Volume/NSR
- Work within designated cost pricing corridors
- Develop, sell and implement Out of Home activation principles and programmes through our distributor network
- Communicate sales results on a weekly and monthly basis to the Commercial Director
- Monthly planned meetings with all distributor partners
- Optimise opportunities within distributor base
- Represent Beavertown Brewery at promotions, tastings and special events
- Seek out beer related educational opportunities and keep up to date by reading industry publications
- Be available for evening and weekend customer meeting/events
- Performs additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by management
Skills & experience required for this role:
- Strong negotiation principles and technique to ensure the right commercial outcome is achieved.
- Previous Account/Distributor Management experience – preferable
- Proven track record in building strong customer relationships
- Ability to take the initiative to gather and use customer feedback to identify customer and market needs and challenges
- Proven analytical skills and an understanding of syndicated data is required
- Strong capability to influence others to focus on our brands ahead of others
- High level of strategic awareness to work out what is required to succeed across a wide and varied distributor base
- Demonstrated diligence and ability to follow through on all commitments (internal and external stakeholders)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and must be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation
- Demonstrated technical skills required for the preparation of professional and effective sales presentations
- Strong personal drive and focus on results
- Ability to travel most of the time, as the role is field based and we would expect the person to be in the market at least 80% of the time
If you’re interested, send your CV, salary expectations, notice period and a little bit about why you think you’re suitable for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org