Team Beaver are looking for an AP & Credit Controller! Reporting into our Financial Controller, this is a key role in the daily financial operations and will support with the daily central procedures.
As the AP & Credit Controller you’ll ensure the smooth day to day running and provide support for the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable team. You’ll be responsible for reviewing and approving payment runs, reviewing AP postings and ensure costs are coded to the correct cost centre and manage the month end close of the AP and AR department.
We’re looking for an individual to support with the management accounts prep, including collation of key supplier statements and posting of relevant accruals and the preparation of various key journals.
You will be involved in updating the fixed asset register, ensuring all assets are capitalised and depreciation is captured in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure smooth day to day running of the AP and AR departments, and provide cover and assistance when required.
- Review and approve Payment Runs.
- Review AP postings and ensure costs are coded to the relevant cost centre/department in line with budget.
- Review and assist with supplier/customer maintenance and payment queries in a timely and proactive manner.
- Manage month end close of AP and AR department (confirm multicurrency banks are reconciled, Aged Debt review, Purchase Ledger close).
Management Accounts Prep
- Collation of key supplier statements and posting of relevant accruals.
- Prep and post various key journals.
Fixed Assets Management
- Update the fixed asset register, ensure all assets are capitalised and depreciation is captured in a timely manner.
- Assist with weekly/month end stock take when required.
- Liaising with external stakeholders
- Calculation and monitoring of volume and annual investment rebates.
- Management team of 2 (1 AP/1 AR)
- Ad-Hoc duties as required
Skills and experience required:
- 4+ years’ experience in an Accounts function
- Part qualified or qualified by experience
- Experience overseeing a team in Accounts Payable and/or Accounts Receivable
- Keen to make improvements and comfortable questioning the way things are done
- Comfortable liaising with external stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Committed team player
- Microsoft Excel skills
If you’re interested, send your CV, salary expectations, notice period and a little bit about why you think you’re suitable for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org